This Quick and Vegetable Lasagna recipe is a light and better approach to exploit occasional create in a consoling, one dish meal!
Let’s check out the delicious Vegetable lasagna recipe.
Vegetable Lasagna Recipe :
For Sauce, you need:
- ¼th cup olive oil.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano.
- 2 teaspoons dried basil.
- 1(14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes.
- 1 can diced tomatoes.
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon.
- 1(16ounces) package lasagna noodles.
For cheese filling, you need:
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese.
- 2 Eggs, beaten.
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 2 teaspoons dried basil.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
For Vegetable filling, you need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 onion, sliced.
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 pound spinach rinsed and chopped.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced.1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
Add all ingredients to the list.
Instructions for Vegetable Lasagna Recipe :
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in chopped onions and bay leaf, let it cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cloves minced garlic, oregano, and 2 teaspoons basil; cook and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Mix in undrained crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour. Stir in cinnamon and set pan aside.
- Now preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, add lasagna noodles and bring water to boil again. Cook until noodles are al dente. Drain well.
- Mix together ricotta, eggs, ½ cup parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons basil, and 1 clove minced garlic.
Healthy Vegetable Lasagna :
- Sauté sliced onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons olive oil until tender for about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and zucchini to the skillet. Cover and cook until spinach is stiffed, 2 to 5 minutes. Now remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Spread ½ cup of the tomato sauce in the prepared baking dish. Place a layer of noodles on the top of the tomato sauce. Then spread all of the ricotta mixture onto the noodles. Place another layer of noodles on top of the ricotta mixture.
- Pour about 2 cups tomato sauce onto the noodles, arrange all of the sautéed vegetables on top of the sauce.
- Top vegetables with noodles and spread the remaining tomato sauce over the final layer of noodles. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- After it begins to brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.