Here I will explain about Gym workout routines for weight loss. When refers to weight loss gym routine female, what they usually mean is fat loss.
For maximum effectiveness in losing fat, female should hit the Gym; gym workout routines for weight loss can be performed in two forms of exercise, cardio and strength training.
Both of which can be performed at the gym workout routines for women. Can help a weight loss gym routine female. The gym can be a women’s secret weapon for weight loss.
Many Female shy away from the gym workout routines for women because they are unsure of what exercises they should be doing to lose weight. Planning gym workout routines for weight loss does not have to be complicated.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that girls up to age 18 get at least one hour of physical activity a day.
Meeting this requirement of gym routine for weight loss, along with a healthy balanced diet is enough to help female lose weight.
Other benefits for gym workout routines for women to staying active are more energy, more restful sleep and better mood; you’ll also lower your risk for several diseases.
Gym workout routines for weight loss :
Strength Training > weight loss gym routine female
- For many women, strength training is the road less taken. But strength training does something that cardio does not: it builds lean muscle.
- The body’s act of building lean muscle leads to a continued calorie burn post-workout that requires no extra effort on your part.
- To start weight training, you only need to choose your method: free weights, machines or group classes. Group classes tend to be the safest option for beginners, as you will be instructed on proper form for resistance training, which will prevent injury.
- Ask a trainer for advice before starting an individual free-weight or machine routine. Pilates and vinyasa yoga are also options for strength training.
- Ideally, you should schedule three weight training sessions per week — even 30 minute sessions are enough to see results.
- Perform each exercise for three sets of 10 repetitions, or reps, each. Take one to three minute breaks between each set.
- Most women are already familiar with cardio workouts, though they may not be doing them the right way. Cardio works by calling on the body to put its fat-burning system into overdrive provided you are doing it at the right intensity and for the right duration.
- A proper fat-burning cardio session should be at least 40 minutes and should require you to push your heart to 60 to 70 percent of its maximum rate.
- Cardio opportunities in the gym are plentiful. Not only do most gyms offer cardio classes ranging from kickboxing to step aerobics, but gyms also offer individual cardio equipment as well as facilities, such as stationary bikes and swimming pools.
- The truth is that any activity that gets your heart rate up can be cardio, so do what you enjoy most. Shoot for three cardio sessions per week to start.
Sample Workout > gym workout routines for weight loss
- The best results are seen when you combine cardio with strength training. This maximizes the number of calories burned; so, assuming that you are keeping your caloric intake constant, a workout combining these two types will lead to the greatest weight loss.
- Such a sample workout could consist of a weekly schedule in which you alternate strength training with cardio, taking one day off. This type of schedule is especially effective because it helps you build the habit of going to the gym.
- For example, you may choose to do six free-weight exercises for strength training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and take one-hour aerobics classes Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- While gym workout routines for weight loss are useful in spurring weight loss, diet is also chief to results. A number of studies have shown how caloric reduction results in weight loss — primarily fat loss — implying that one of the fastest ways to weight loss is through eating less food or less calorie-dense food.
- Other studies have shown that replacing carbohydrates in your diet with proteins leads to decreased weight and waist size.
- By incorporating diet with exercise, you can arrive at your goal much more quickly. But remember, if you have a health condition; be sure to consult a doctor before changing your diet or beginning an exercise regimen.
Burn More Calories
- Cardiovascular exercise burns more calories than lifting weights in the gym. You want to do an activity that elevates your heart rate for at least 15 to 30 minutes of your workout.
- Your gym is full of cardio machines that will guide you through an effective cardio workout such as ellipticals and treadmills.
- Don’t be intimidated by these machines, many are very easy to figure out if you follow the on-screen menu. Be sure to start with a five-minute warm up at a slower pace.
- Your gym may offer aerobics classes like dance fitness or kickboxing for a fun, fat-burning workout. If you are involved in a sport, dance class or any other physical activity, skip the gym on those days to avoid overworking your muscles.
Resistance to Fat
- Although cardio is better at burning calories than strength training, you don’t want to avoid muscle-building workouts.
- Include at least three days a week of strengthening exercises into your daily 60 minutes of physical activity.
- According to celebrity trainer Elizabeth Hendrix Burwell, building lean muscle mass through strength training boosts your metabolism and decreases fat.
- You don’t have to lift heavy weights like the guys to build muscle. Dumbbell exercises are an easy way for you to build lean muscle all over.
Upper Body Exercises
- Dumbbell exercises for your shoulders, chest, back and arms will help you not only burn more calories but give you a more toned look. Choose dumbbells that challenge your muscles but are light enough to complete each set with good form.
- Do each exercise 10 to 15 times and then take a two-minute break. Repeat the exercise for another two sets — 10 to 15 times each set — with a two-minute break in between. Do dumbbell bench presses and bent over rows to target your chest and back.
- For your shoulders do shoulder press and biceps curls for the front of your arms. Finish with triceps kickbacks to target the back of your arms. A trainer can help teach you correct form and empower you to work your way around these exercises.
Lower Body Exercises
- Body-weight exercises like squats and lunges are effective for working your legs, hips and butt.
- Try three sets of 15 squats combined with three sets of 10 lunges on each leg to hit all major muscle groups including your stomach muscles.
- To do a squat, begin with feet shoulder-width apart. Keeping your stomach in and back straight, bend at the knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor and come back to starting position. To do lunges, keep your shoulders back and upper body straight.
- Step forward with your right foot until your knee is above your ankle and both knees are at a 90-degree angle.
- Go back to starting position and repeat with your left foot going forward. Add on other leg exercises like the leg press and calf rises.