How To Use Henna And Indigo To Colour Your Hair Black
Henna mixed with indigo that will help you cut down on chemicals. Indigo is a natural hair dye obtained from a plant of species indigofera tinctoria. This dye is dark blue in color. Indigo is mainly used for dying clothes. Indigo mixed with henna gives your hair rich brown colour. Indigo applied over henna treated hair gives it a black colour. Indigo could be a mild ocular irritant. Indigo gives your hair shine and texture.
What is indigo?
Indigo is a natural hair dye obtained from a plant of species Indigofera tinctoria. This dye is dark blue in color. Indigo is mainly used for dying clothes and at other times used to treat scorpion bites and ovarian and stomach cancer.
Process to dye hair using indigo:
Step 1: Dye you hair with henna
Use some gasoline jelly around your hairline so that the henna’s color does not get onto your temple.
Take a small portion of your hair and then apply henna to that portion. Wind that segment of hair in one direction forcefully.
Take another segment of hair, apply henna, and wind it in the opposite direction. Do it for all small portions of the hair.
Due to the winding, hair will stay in its place without clips.
Then wear a freshen up cap to make sure the color is not transferred here and there.
Keep the henna for at least 2 to 3 hours and then wash using lukewarm and water. It is appropriate not to use shampoo or a conditioner.
Your white hair will become orangish in color. But don’t worry, that’s where we use indigo.
Step 2: use Indigo
If you have short hair then, take 100 grams of indigo, if you have medium length hair, then 200 grams of indigo will do and if you have long hair then you will need 300 grams of indigo.
But if you have thick and twisted then you may need more amount. Please do not do this process if you want to have light highlights.
- Mix indigo with water to get yogurt like consistency and apply it to your hair immediately.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it stay on for 30 minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Indigo will take one day to oxidize completely and thus you will have amazing black hair.
- Mix both henna and indigo separately with warm water, after some time add both the mixes together apply it on your head if you want to enhance the browning effect of indigo dye. This will darken you hair a bit.
And there you go! Jet black hair is all yours!