Here I will explain about How to exfoliate Your Skin. If your skin is looking dry, sallow, or gray, you may need to How to exfoliate Your Skin. Exfoliating differs depending on your skin type. Here I will show you How to exfoliate Your Skin on both your face and body.
How to exfoliate Your Skin > Body Exfoliation
Buy a natural bristled brush:
- If you want to exfoliate outside of the shower, you can use circular motions with a long-handled, natural bristled brush.
- This brush is available in the cosmetics section of most box stores, like Target and Walmart, as well as in natural food stores.
- Start with your legs and move slowly up your body. Always brush in a circular motion in a small area before moving onto the next area. Work up toward your chest, then brush your back and arms.
Buy a loofah or exfoliating glove from a drugstore: How to exfoliate Your Skin
- These products are made with natural sponge and help to exfoliate the skin in the shower.
- These products are not suggested for use on the face.
Buy an exfoliation scrub that contains pits, sugar, salt or another natural exfoliating substance.
- It should say “body scrub” or “cleansing scrub.” (Do not buy products with beads – these are now illegal in the US due to environmental damage.)
- Allow the shower to run over your skin for a few minutes, if you are using an exfoliating scrub or a loofah. Choose warm, not hot, water. Water that is too hot will dry the skin.
- Rub the loofah or the scrub over your moist skin in a circular motion. Rinse well. Perform this exfoliation process every 3 to 7 days, depending upon your skin’s sensitivity.
Facial Exfoliation for Sensitive Skin: How to exfoliate Your Skin
- Find a gentle, every-day cleanser that does not irritate your skin. Sensitive skin does not respond well to scrubs or acidic cleansers.
- People with sensitive skin should try the product on 1 small area of the face and use it only if it does not produce irritation.
Wet your skin with warm water : How to exfoliate Your Skin
Place a soft terry cloth washcloth under a warm tap. Squeeze the washcloth and place it on your face for 1 to 2 minutes. Warm water will open the pores, making it easier to exfoliate.
Squeeze a small amount of cleanser on the surface of the washcloth: How to exfoliate Your Skin
- Rub the soap on the middle portion of the cloth.
- Depending upon the cleanser, this may or may not produce a lather.
Rub the washcloth on your face in circular motions: How to exfoliate Your Skin
- Start at the nose, move to the forehead and continue around the rest of your face.
- Use a gentle touch. Exfoliation does not require hard scrubbing.
Rinse your face with warm water: How to exfoliate Your Skin
Pat it dry.
Apply a moisturizing cream immediately after exfoliation: How to exfoliate Your Skin
- This process may produce some redness, which will go away within a few hours. People who are prone to redness should exfoliate at night, giving their skin time to calm while they sleep.
- If you have extremely dry skin, apply a thin coat of moisturizing oil 5 minutes prior to exfoliation.
Facial Exfoliation for Normal Skin: How to exfoliate Your Skin
Buy a mild facial scrub.
- Use it on the skin at night every 7 days.
- Some dermatologists caution against scrubs that use pits or seeds for the exfoliating agent. They recommend jojoba beads or sugar.
- Apply the scrub to your face in a similar way as you would exfoliate your body. However, you should use a more gentle touch and smaller circular motions.
Consider investing in a skin care brush.
- These oscillating brushes are available at cosmetics counters and some cosmetic sections in chain stores.
- Use the brush every 7 days with a gentle cleansing soap. Read directions carefully before using, and use the brush infrequently if it causes redness.
Buy a glycolic mask.
A glycolic mask can exfoliate skin with mild acids, such as alpha-hydroxy acid and beta-hydroxy acid. Apply every 7 days according to package directions.
Use a moisturizer after any exfoliation to reduce future dead skin cells, redness and drying.