How to Lose Belly Fat Fast
How to Lose Belly Fat Fast is a question on many people’s minds as summer draw to an end.
Belly fat is more than just a nuisance that makes your clothes feel tight. Foods that burn belly fat inside the belly area is also termed visceral fat, and it is seriously harmful. This type of fat is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes and heart disease, to name a few.
How to Lose Belly Fat Fast :
1. Change Your Lifestyle and Combine Different Methods :
- If you do just one of the items on this list, then it won’t have a big effect on its own.
- If you want good results, then you need to combine different methods that have been shown to be effective.
- Interestingly, many of these are the same things we generally associate with healthy eating and an overall healthy lifestyle.
- Therefore, foods that burn belly fat changing your lifestyle for the long-term is the key to losing your belly fat and keeping it off.
- When you have healthy habits and eat real food, fat loss tends to follow as a natural side effect.
2. Don’t Drink Too Much Alcohol :
- Alcohol can have health benefits in small amounts, but it is seriously harmful if you drink too much.
- Research suggests too much alcohol can also make you gain belly fat.
- Observational studies link heavy alcohol consumption with significantly increased risk of central obesity — that is, excess fat storage around the waist.
- Cutting back on alcohol may help reduce your waist size. You don’t need to give it up altogether if you enjoy it, but limiting the amount you drink in a single day can help.
- In a study of more than 2000 people, those foods that burn belly fat and who drank alcohol daily but averaged less than one drink per day had less belly fat than those who drank less frequently but consumed more alcohol on the days they did drink.
3. Eat a High-Protein Diet :
- Protein is an extremely important nutrient for weight control.
- High protein intake increases release of the fullness hormone PYY, which decreases appetite and promotes fullness. Protein also raises your metabolic rate and helps you retain muscle mass during weight loss.
- Many observational studies show that people who eat more protein tend to have less abdominal fat than those who eat a lower-protein diet.
- Be sure to include a good protein source at every meal, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, whey protein or nuts.
4. Add Apple Cider Vinegar to Your Diet :
- Drinking apple cider vinegar has impressive health benefits, including lowering blood sugar levels.
- foods that burn belly fat contains a compound called acetic acid, which has been shown to reduce abdominal fat storage in several animal studies.
- In a controlled study of obese men, those who took 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar per day for 12 weeks lost half an inch (1.4 cm) from their waists.
- Although no other human studies yet exist, taking 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar per day is safe for most people and may lead to modest fat loss.
5. Reduce Your Stress Levels :
- Stress can make you gain belly fat by triggering the adrenal glands to produce cortisol, also known as the “stress hormone.”
- Research shows high cortisol levels increase appetite and drive abdominal fat storage.
- What’s more, women who already have a large waist tend to produce more cortisol in response to stress. Increased cortisol further adds to fat gain around the middle.
- To help reduce foods that burn belly fat, engage in pleasurable activities that relieve stress. Practicing yoga or meditation can be effective methods.
6. Avoid Foods That Contain Trans Fats :
- Trans fats are created by pumping hydrogen into unsaturated fats such as soybean oil.
- They’re found in some margarines and spreads, and they’re also added to some packaged foods.
- These fats have been linked to inflammation, heart disease, insulin resistance and abdominal fat gain in observational and animal studies.
- A 6-year study found that monkeys who ate a high-trans-fat diet gained 33% more abdominal fat than monkeys that ate a diet high in monounsaturated fat.
- To help reduce belly fat and protect your health, read ingredient labels carefully and stay away from products that contain Trans fats. These are often listed as “partially hydrogenated” fats.
7. Avoid Sugar-Sweetened Beverages :
- Sugar-sweetened beverages are loaded with liquid fructose, which can make you gain belly fat.
- Studies show that sugary drinks lead to increased fat in the liver. One 10-week study showed significant abdominal fat gain in people who consumed beverages high in fructose.
- Sugary beverages appear to be even worse than high-sugar foods. Because your brain doesn’t process liquid calories the same way it does solid ones, you’re likely to end up consuming too many calories later on and storing them as fat.
- To lose belly fat, it’s best to completely avoid sugar-sweetened beverages such as soda, punch and sweet tea, as well as alcoholic mixers containing sugar.
8. Get Plenty of Restful Sleep :
- Sleep is important for many aspects of health, including your weight. Studies show that people who don’t get enough sleep tend to gain more weight, which may include belly fat.
- A 16-year study of more than 68,000 women found those who slept less than 5 hours per night were significantly more likely to gain weight than those who slept 7 hours or more per night.
- The condition known as sleep apnea, where breathing actually stops intermittently during the night, has also been linked to excess visceral fat.
- In addition to sleeping at least 7 hours per night, make sure you’re getting sufficient quality sleep.
- If you suspect you may have sleep apnea or another sleep disorder, speak to a doctor and get treated.
9. Track Your Food Intake and Exercise :
- foods that burn belly fat can help you lose weight and belly fat, but consuming fewer calories than your body needs for weight maintenance is key.
- Keeping a food diary or using an online food tracker or app can help you monitor your calorie intake. This strategy has been shown to be beneficial for weight loss.
- In addition, food-tracking tools help you see your intake of protein, carbs, fiber and micronutrients. Many also allow you to record your exercise and physical activity.
10. Eat Fatty Fish Every Week :
- Fatty fish are incredibly healthy.
- They are rich in quality protein and omega-3 fats that protect you from disease.
- Some evidence also suggests that these omega-3 fats may help reduce visceral fat.
- Studies in adults and children with fatty liver disease show fish oil supplements can significantly reduce liver and abdominal fat.
- Aim to get 2-3 servings of fatty fish per week. Good choices include salmon, herring, sardines, mackerel and anchovies.
11. Eat Plenty of Soluble Fiber :
- Soluble fiber absorbs water and forms a gel that helps slow down food as it passes through your digestive system.
- Studies show foods that burn belly fat this type of fiber promotes weight loss by helping you feel full so you naturally eat less. It may also decrease the amount of calories your body absorbs from food.
- What’s more, soluble fiber may help fight belly fat. An observational study of over 1100 adults found that for every 10-gram increase in soluble fiber intake, belly fat gain decreased by 3.7% over a 5-year period.
- Make an effort to foods that burn belly fat consume high-fiber foods every day.
- Excellent sources of soluble fiber include flaxseeds, shirataki noodles, Brussels sprouts, avocados, legumes and blackberries.
12. Stop Drinking Fruit Juice :
- Although fruit juice provides vitamins and minerals, it’s just as high in sugar as soda and other sweetened beverages.
- Drinking large amounts may carry the same risk for abdominal fat gain.
- An 8-ounce (248-gram) serving of unsweetened apple juice contains 24 grams of sugar, half of which is fructose.
- To help reduce excess belly fat, replace fruit juice with water, unsweetened iced tea or sparkling water with a wedge of lemon or lime.
13. Don’t Eat a Lot of Sugary Foods :
- Sugar contains fructose, which has been linked to several chronic diseases when consumed in excess.
- These include heart disease, type 2 diabetes, obesity and fatty liver disease.
- Observational studies show a relationship between high sugar intake and increased abdominal fat.
- It’s important to realize that more than just refined sugar can lead to belly fat gain. Even “healthier” sugars (such as real honey) should be used sparingly.
14. Cut Back on Carbs, Especially Refined Carbs :
- Reducing carb intake can be very beneficial for losing fat, including abdominal fat.
- Diets with under 50 grams of carbs per day cause belly fat loss in overweight people, those at risk of type 2 diabetes and women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
- You don’t have to follow a strict low-carb diet. Some research suggests that simply replacing refined carbs with unprocessed starchy carbs may improve metabolic health and reduce belly fat.
- In the famous Framingham Heart Study, people with the highest consumption of whole grains were 17% less likely to have excess abdominal fat than those who consumed diets high in refined grains.
15. Drink Green Tea :
- Green tea is an exceptionally healthy beverage.
- It contains caffeine and the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), both of which appear to boost metabolism.
- EGCG is a catechin, which several studies suggest may be effective for losing belly fat. The effect may be strengthened when green tea consumption is combined with exercise.