Mexican rice recipe is an easy recipe to make for a group and it’s an essential side dish for the majority of your most loved Mexican recipes.
This Mexican Rice is so easy to make, and so extremely flavorful with little hints of garlic and cumin in every bite. Try making this authentic Mexican rice recipe in the instant pot. If you own an instant pot, you can make instant hot pot Mexican rice with this following recipe.
How to make Mexican Rice:
This is a crispy dish recipe for any Mexican dinner. Let us take a look at the ingredients needed in our easy Mexican rice recipe:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high warmth in a vast skillet (needs a fitting top). Include the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until simply delicate.
- Include the rice and blend, giving the rice a chance to toast somewhat until it turns into a light dark colored. While it’s toasting include the garlic salt and cumin and continue blending.
- Include the container of Mexican diced tomatoes (counting the juices), lime juice and the chicken stock, blend and heat blend to the point of boiling.
- Diminish warmth to low, spread and let stew for around 20 minutes.
- Lighten with the fork, mix in crisply hacked cilantro and appreciate! Just before serving, add a couple tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro for an added burst of flavor to this easy Mexican side dish!
TIPS FOR PERFECT AUTHENTIC MEXICAN RICE:
RINSE YOUR RICE FIRST.
Take an extra time to rinse your rice with water to remove the starch film on the surface that can cause the rice to clump together.
TOAST THE RICE.
When you add the rice to the oil, toast it really well! This extra step takes a few minutes, but it adds really great flavor to the rice.
ADD PEAS AND CARROTS:
Peas and diced carrots are traditional to add to Mexican rice. You can leave them out if you want to, but they are one of my favorite parts of this recipe! YUM!
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 11 g fat; 42.4 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 1096 mg sodium.